Since the start of the pandemic, small businesses have been struggling; those that managed to survive multiple lockdowns are still trying to get back on their feet, and with that in mind, here are a few ways that you can cut your running costs.
- VoIP communication – Why pay high telecommunication costs when you can use Zoom or Skype? Both have scalable business packages that offer real-time video conferencing using your intranet software to transmit audio and video. You can chat with people from all over the world at a fraction of the cost of regular telephone calls; wearing a headset allows you to communicate on the move.
- Outsourcing – If you want to keep investment to a minimum, there are many services that you can outsource; printing is a classic example, why invest in a laser colour printer when you can get your local print shop to run off as many copies as you need. Outsourcing to local 3rd party providers enables you to compete with larger companies, plus you have minimum investment.
- Eliminate double handling – Double (or triple) handling costs money and there is special business software that streamlines your business processes. Talk to a leading business software developer with connections in your sector and they can show you how to save money. Automated software is a game-changer in many respects; check out the latest business software bundles and see how you can automate many of your business processes.
- Virtual business address – If you run a one-man show and don’t really need an office, for a few dollars a month, you can use a registered address in the CBD. Image is everything in business and having a business address in the right part of town is always a good thing. The virtual office services provider also offers call handling; a remotely located receptionist handles all incoming calls and callers would never know that. You are projecting the image of a busy, successful business, which people are drawn to. Click here for the best email providers.
- Shared workspace – Most tech startups share office accommodation; any company that creates digital products does not really need a workstation, as the developers usually work from home; sharing the workspace means sharing costs and that makes things a lot easier. Search social media groups for ‘tech startups’ and apply to join, which will surely put you in touch with other digital entrepreneurs who wish to share workspace. Click here for information on government funding for tech startups.
When the economy is suffering, as it currently is, every business tries to cut costs and we hope that the above tips help you to reduce your monthly business expenses.